Welcome to the Troy Hill Art Houses.
Thank you very much for your interest in the Troy Hill Art Houses. Appointment slots are currently offered Saturdays between 11-5 and Thursdays between 6-8. Please respond in the form below the calendar with your appointment time/date and how many people you are planning to bring.
The Art Houses are installation art works commissioned by Pittsburgh collector Evan Mirapaul and are projected to be part of a more extensive series. The art houses are private rather than public works. Your visit is as a guest of the owner and should be viewed as a visit to a private home. Docents are proxies for the owner and have full responsibility to moderate how the houses are seen.
La Hütte Royal by Thorsten Brinkmann and Kunzhaus by Robert Kusmirowski are completed and available to be seen.
Appointment schedules can be viewed on the scheduling pages. If you wish to see both houses, you will need to request a separate appointment for each house. Please complete and submit the scheduling form on each calendar of the art house you wish to visit. A docent will confirm your request by return email promptly. Requests will be honored in the order in which they are received. You do NOT have a confirmed appointment until you hear back from the docent. If you wish to see both houses, you will need to receive two email confirmations, one from each docent.
- Showings are by appointment only.
- Appointment slots are first come first served.
- By special arrangement, we can occasionally accommodate larger or institutional groups. Please contact us if you would like to discuss scheduling an event.
- Only 6 people are allowed into each house at any one time so availability is limited. If you have more than 6 people in your group, you will need to reserve 2 appointment slots.
- There is no cost at any time to visit the Art Houses.
- By the request of the owner, children under the age of 15 are not permitted into the installation.
- Visitors to the houses should be aware that to successfully see the entire installations, one will be required to deal with multiple flights of stairs, confined spaces, crawling, and ascending a short ladder. The Troy Hill Art Houses are privately owned, and therefore do not comply with ADA regulations. In the past, visitors with physical challenges have successfully seen both houses. Please email us with questions if you are concerned.
- Street parking is almost always available directly on Rialto Street.
Once again, thank you for your interest in the Troy Hill Art Houses.
If you have additional questions or to inquire about visits by larger groups (schools, museums, etc.), please email us at email@example.com .